09-27-2011 2:30 PM, EDT
Very informative webinar this morning - it went by too fast! I could have listened to more :-)
I would love critique on our website - it's been left in my hands, I have no website building experience whatsoever, which is why I loved all the feedback on the other sites.
09-28-2011 1:43 PM, EDT
Glad you enjoyed the webinar. It was great to have you on the call.
Here are my thoughts on your site:
(1) Your navigation is a little buried in the masthead above the logo. I would move that below the logo masthead so folks don't have to think about where you are directing them to click.
(2) The scrolling bar is a little disorienting. If you are going to include a rotating feature, make sure it doesn't make folks dizzy when it moves.
(3) Your photo choices are great! Make them bigger and don't scroll through so quickly. I want to see them.
(4) Right now, you have a lot of white space in the main body of your site. Use an amazing photo there. It will be more compelling than the George Washington seal.
(5) There should be a clear call to donate from your homepage.
(6) There should be a clear call to keep in touch with your work so you can collect email addresses.
I hope this helps!