Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Network for Good Fundraising Community
Post a New Reply
PPC
Frequent Collector

Nonprofit 911 on homepages for the holiday

I wasn't able to make it to the webinar yesterday, but did just finish watching the recording of it that was sent out in the follow-up e-mail. It was very good and will be helpful for me in making changes to our homepage for the rest of December.

Will you please take a look at our webpage and give some feedback. It would be extremley helpful.

http://www.portlandpromise.org

Thank you!

Highlighted
Digital Giving Expert

Re: Nonprofit 911 on homepages for the holiday

Hello and thanks for posting!

I'm glad you were able to listen to the webinar and hope you picked up some good ideas. I took a look at your site and have a just few suggestions.

-- The first thing I notice when coming to your page is that there isn't an obvious way to donate when I first glance at the page. We recommend you put a nice large Donate Now button on your page, above the fold in the upper portion of the page. It's good to call this out again in the navigation, so consider making "Donate" its own tab, instead of burying it under "Get Involved". (As a side note, the white text on yellow background makes the navigation option of "news" difficult to read. If you can't swap the coloros, perhaps a larger font or bold text would help?)

-- Speaking of donations -- your donate page is great and you have a wonderful image and quote from an existing donor here. I love this, but the text is a little hard to read. Try updating the font and color  this so the text is more readable.

-- As you probably heard Katya & Jocelyn mention during the webinar, we're not big fans of rotating images or text on your homepage. The rotating image on your homepage takes up a good portion of the window and it's hard to make an instant connection with either side of this image. You have a lovely photo of a group of smiling children. I'd make this the focal point and call out the text that begins "We provide individuals and families..." I think this will provide a better emotional connection between your visitors and your cause.  

Overall I think you're doing a good job in keeping the page simple and providing ways for people to find out more, so with a few small changes, I think you'll be in really great shape! 

Best regards,

Caryn D. Stein
Online Community Strategist
Network for Good