Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Network for Good Fundraising Community
Post a New Reply
TLC
Collector

I attended the Web seminar today and was wondering if I could get some feedback on our website?

Highlighted
Digital Giving Expert

Re: I attended the Web seminar today and was wondering if I could get some feedback on our website?

Hi there --

Thanks for posting and for attending the webinar!

I took a look at your website and here are my initial thoughts:

-- Consider creating a page that your users don't have to load before viewing the content. If a website takes more than a few seconds to load, visitors might bail out or think there is an error. Also if your site is in all Flash, some devices may not be able to display it properly -- or at all!

-- You probably guessed this from the webinar, but the rotating images don't do a great job in helping to tell your story. I'd recommend focusing on one static image -- the photo of the art class -- to help make an emotional connection with your potential donors. Another idea would be to feature the image on your testimonial page with the quote "TLC helped me get my family and my life back."  That's a powerful statement from someone who is a credible and relatable voice.

I hope this helps to give you some ideas for areas to improve. Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,

Caryn D. Stein
Online Community Strategist
Network for Good