Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Network for Good Fundraising Community
Post a New Reply
Collector

Critique for our Website

Hello, I have joined in for two webinars for Nonprofit websites and each time I have tweaked our site. Yet I still feel as if it isn't living up to the potential I know it can be. I have no prior experience in web design (just a really good understanding of computers and the internet) and I was tasked with building our companies webpage. Please help me with any tips that can help improve our site. www.carcinc.org 

Highlighted
Digital Giving Expert

Re: Critique for our Website

Hello Megan -- thanks for posting your site. It's great that you've been able to attend the webinars and are thinking about ways to improve your website experience.

I think your site looks pretty good overall -- it can be a challenge since your website visitors may either be supporters or they may be families looking for your resources. I think you've done a good job in your navigation options -- but you may be able to call out those two audiences more clearly.

I like that you have the images featured prominently, but you may not be getting full advantage from them since they are on the smaller side. Would it be possible to choose one image and display it in a larger size (either in the header or in the center portion of your page)? I also like the videos that you have featured -- it's a great way to help tell your story. I wonder if one could be swapped out with a larger photo and then have one video lead into the next video?  Just a thought.

It's great that you have your Donate Now button featured near the top of the page -- one suggestion I would have is to move this up and to the right -- and consider selecting a button that contrasts with your page to help it stand out more. Since your page is green and the button is green, it may be getting lost.

Lastly, I think your short mission statement at the top of the main section of the page is clear and a good length. The long list of services below it may be overwhelming. You might consider moving the "How/Where to Start?" section up and then linking out to more information about your services. 

I hope this helps -- please let us know how things are going for you!

Best regards,

Caryn D. Stein
Online Community Strategist
Network for Good