Did you know showing recognition is one of the three top factors to measure engaged your workforce is? Did you know employee engagement is a virtuous cycle?
It looks like this: employee feels valued-->engagement level increases-->productivity grows-->motivation rises
In preparation for next week’s Employee Appreciation Day (March 7), we’re excited to share our friends at Quantum Workplace have released a comprehensive—and fun!—guide to think creatively about engaging your employees.
Below is a curated selection of their ideas. Definitely download the highly-skimmable whitepaper for the whole list.
#1) Happy Anniversary!
Nothing says, “You’re appreciated!” like celebrating the day each employee joined your workforce. Big company? Modify your celebrations.
- Delegate party planning to team leaders and let each department honor employees with their own celebrations.
- Set aside one day each year to celebrate. (Save the Date: National Employee Appreciation Day is March 7!)
#2) Say Thank You
“[The words ‘thank you’ are] two of the most underused words in corporate America with the most potential to impact ROI and ROT.” ~Michael Guld, president of the Guld Resource Group
This simple expression of gratitude sends a powerful message. These two little words give employees the priceless recognition they deserve, acknowledge that you depend on your employees for help, and express that you value employee contribution.
#14) Team Retreat
Reward employees with a little getaway. This can be as little as or big as you want. It can be a getaway for one employee, an employee and guest, or a whole team. Here are a few ideas:
- Afternoon at the movies
- Day trip to a local winery
- Destination, one-week, team retreat
#33) The Classic Gift Card
Not sure what kind of gift to give your employees? The classic gift card is always a safe bet. Here are a few ideas:
- Provide a week’s worth of morning coffee with a gift card to a nearby coffee shop.
- Pay for a fancy night out with a gift card to a five-star restaurant.
- Give employees the gift of giving with a corporate charity gift card.
Download the full guide here: 40 Ways to Show Love to Your Employees