Year-end fundraising season is a key time for nonprofits like yours. December is the month when the most individual donations are made. So how do you plan to inspire more donations this year? We want to help you make December 2012 your most successful fundraising effort ever.
Try these tips as you plan your year-end fundraising appeals:
- 1. Make it clear. Don’t make supporters guess what you want them to do – make it crystal clear with a short and specific call to action and big DonateNow buttons. Honor your audience and respect their time by getting straight to the point.
- 2. Make it easy. Remove obstacles like too many steps to donate or long donation forms. When giving is easy, you get more gifts.
- 3. Make it matter. Show what specific and tangible result will come from a donation -- for the donor and for your programs. People give because they want to do something good, so provide assurances that good things will happen due to their donations.
- 4. Make it relatable. Boil down your message to a human scale that donors find relatable. Remember, when it comes to motivating people to act, a single person’s story is far more compelling than a statistic about a million people.
- 5. Make it urgent. Don’t underestimate the power of a deadline. Be sure to answer the question “why now?” in your appeal. Let your donors know exactly when you need the donation and why. Without it, donors may assume it’s not important to take action immediately and then forget to do it at all!
Get Your Year-End Fundraising Plan Here
Worried about hitting your year-end fundraising goals? Our ultimate survival package is for you. We'll help guide you through creating a year-end plan, review your fundraising appeal and help make sure your website is ready for year-end donors. Subscribe today and get unlimited access for just $29.95 per month!